High School Application
Private High School Application and Shadowing
Parents, if your child is applying to a private high school, here are some items we will be requesting from you.
- Transcripts are available by emailing Ms. Ackard at email@example.com.
- State test scores are mailed home after the second semester grades are posted.
- The applications direct you to get a recommendation from the principal, however, we have been informed that this instruction is geared towards private feeder schools, not public schools. Instead of a principal recommendation, a second teacher recommendation will be accepted. Request recommendations from teachers first; administrative recommendations will be provided via case by case basis.
- If you have questions related to private high schools, direct your questions to the high school(s) you are applying to. We do not have that information.
- Please remember that shadowing is an “unexcused” absence. Please plan for this when school is not in session.
Evergreen Valley High School (EVHS)
The EVHS shadowing program is usually offered sometime in February or March. Please see EVHS - How to Visit for details about setting up a shadowing visit.
Silver Creek High School
Silver Creek High School’s Shadow Program invites prospective students to experience a day as a Raider. During a shadow visit, eighth grade students are paired with a Leadership student. Visitors will have a chance to familiarize themselves with the Silver Creek community by spending a full school day on campus. Guests will be able to participate in classroom activities, eat lunch with the student body, and meet faculty and staff. Students are invited to come and enjoy a day at SCHS. See SCHS Shadow Program for more information.
When should I schedule a shadow visit?
Eighth grade students are welcome to schedule a shadowing date at their leisure, although students are encouraged to schedule a shadowing visit on a day when their middle school is NOT in session if at all possible.
How far in advance should I schedule a shadowing visit?
Please allow the Shadowing Team one week to schedule a visit. If you would like a specific date, let us know.
Is shadowing a full day or a half day?
We recommend that students shadow for the entire day to fully experience life at Silver Creek, however half days can be arranged at the request of a family. Generally, a shadow will accompany a host with early schedule (7:15 a.m. – 1:48 p.m.) or one with late schedule (8:13 a.m. – 2:45 p.m.). On Mondays, which are minimum days, early schedule is from 7:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m., and late schedule is from 8:15 a.m. - 1:15 p.m.. If the family would like specific shadowing times, arrangements can be made.
How do I schedule a shadowing visit?
Those shadowing should email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any specific requests, such as for an underclassman shadow or a certain class, sport, or program, let us know.
What is a shadowing day like?
Students shadowing should arrive at Silver Creek’s bus loop (next to the student parking lot) ten minutes before the host’s respective period (1st or 2nd) begins. There students are paired with their host for the day. Shadows will accompany students to their classes, meet teachers and other students, and be introduced to the Silver Creek campus. We suggest bringing a book or a quiet activity to do. Lunch begins at 12:15 p.m. on regular days and 10:25 a.m. on Mondays. Shadows may bring a lunch from home or $5 to buy lunch. At the end of the day, the shadow will be accompanied to the bus loop for pick up.
What is the dress code for shadowing?
The dress code of an average middle school also applies at Silver Creek. For instance, shorts must exceed the fingertips and tank tops must have a width of at least three fingers. In addition, Silver Creek has a strict rule against Blue and Red (although blue jeans are acceptable).