Dear Chaboya Middle School Families,
Chaboya Middle School PTSA is introducing a new fundraising program called My School Color Run. The My School Color Run program aims to go beyond traditional fund raising. Rather than sell goods, this program aims to engage the entire student body in a fitness initiative that aims to instill a life-long healthy way of living.
We’re extremely excited about the launch of the My School Color Run Program at our school. Everyone is invited to participate and/or come and watch the fun and enjoy the music, food & drinks, and activities that include our student favorite Balloon Pop and a raffle with many great prizes.
25 Free raffle tickets are being offered to participants that obtain $100 or more of pledges. Raffle tickets will also be sold at the event. No need to be present to win prizes. See the pledge form for a sample of raffle prizes available.
Students will receive a pledge form they can use to ask for donations from friends, family, and neighbors in the community. Besides individual student pledges, the school is also seeking business sponsorships that can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The color run will be held on Friday, May 18th at Chaboya Middle School. Interested participants can register for the run by visiting https://events.myschoolcolorrun.com/event/ChaboyaM... or by completing a paper registration form prior to the event. Anyone interested in more information or a copy of the paper registration form can find all the latest information at Chaboya PTSA Color Run Web page or contact Chaboya PTSA.
Share on Chaboya OfficialChaboyanews Facebook Events with Family and Friends.
- Q1: Can anyone participate? Yes, young or old, run or walk. Every participant must register online.
- Q2: Will the run be on the streets around Chaboya? No, the run/walk will be only on the Chaboya Middle School grounds.
- Q3: Should I bring any extra clothes? Yes, if you do not want color in your car you may want to bring a towel and possibly a change of clothes and shoes.
- Q4: How much does it cost to participate? If participants register early, registration will be $25 per participant and receive a My School Color Run T-Short, a bib, and a color packet.
- Q5: Can I just come and watch? Yes, come an enjoy the FUN, Activities, music, and food. Do not miss out on the raffle.
- Q6: How long will the Color run be? We presently have not officially measured the distance, and will have this done by next week. We will have 4 color stations and will make the run a fun event for all ages.
- Q7: Is the color packet powder safe? The powder contains corn starch, baking soda, and food dye. Based on experience, we recommend to bring eye glasses to protect your eyes from the dust.
- Q8: What is the color made of? How to we distribute the color? What about our kids with asthma/breathing issues? Our My School Color Run has two color components. First, there is the liquid color (liquid food grade coloring mixed with water) which is sprayed throughout the course. We provide eight 1-gallon hand pump sprayers and enough liquid dye to cover the number of participants at your event. The liquid color makes a base for the powder to stick to later. The second color component is the powder color packets (cornstarch with food coloring). We recommend that the kids with asthma/breathing issues not be in the middle of the final color powder celebration. This event does not distribute powder color along the course with machines.
- Q9: Will the color stain my clothes, hair, shoes, etc.? The color washes out of most materials but just in case, we want you to wear items you aren’t worried about staining so you can enjoy the event to it’s fullest! Depending on how colorful you get, the color may stain your skin, hair, and clothes until finally coming out after a few good washes. To help prevent stains we recommend removing as much excess color as possible prior to washing. If you have lighter colored hair you may want to cover up with a hat!
- Q10: Is the color gluten free? Yes, the color powder is gluten-free. The color powder consists of food coloring and cornstarch. Gluten is a protein found in wheat and Gluten is not present in cornstarch.
- Q11: What if I am late for the Color Run? The run starts at 3:00pm and you can start anytime between 3:00pm through 5:00pm. It is much more fun with a group so we encourage to be on time or setup a time with your group.
Thank you for your help in making this fundraiser a success! Sincerely,