Parent Survey for Opening Schools Fall 2020-21 (Please complete by 6/3/2020)
We believe that parents/guardians have an important voice in what school will look like for their children when they return to school in August. For this reason, we have launched a survey (see links below) for parents/guardians to share their thoughts and opinions on the reopening of schools for the 2020-2021 school year. Please complete the survey by June 3.
About PTA and Membership
Evergreen PTA welcomes you to the 2019-2020 school year!
Your volunteer time, fundraiser support, PTA membership and donation to the PTA make a huge impact on your child’s Evergreen School educational experience. Studies indicate that parents’ involvement in their child’s education greatly affects a student’s academic performance. There is no better way to support your child than to join the PTA!
There are several ways to support the PTA:
Become a PTA member
Our goal is 100% parent and teacher participation. Becoming a PTA member does not mean you need to attend monthly meetings, but you are always welcome to. Your membership fee alone enables PTA to provide all school assemblies; every student benefits!
Support our year–round PTA activities
Volunteer a few hours of your time for the following events. These are just some of the events you can look forward to in the upcoming year.
- Kindergarten Ice Cream Social
- International Day
- Family Movie Nights
- Family Math Night
- Science Night
- The Book Exchange
- Spring Carnival
- Community Picnic
- Book Fair
- Ice Cream Thursday
- Winter Supply Drive
- McTeacher's Night
- Monthly Dinner Out Night
- Bingo Night
- PTA Talent Show
Attend PTA Meetings
Monthly PTA meetings are held on campus on the first Wednesday of every month. We encourage you to come join us and share your ideas, or just be there to stay connected!
Return the PTA Membership Drive Form
Even if you cannot join (pay the membership fee) at this time, you can still support the PTA by submitting the PTA Membership Drive form, with just your contact information, to your child’s teacher. Your child(ren) can still earn credit for their classroom by turning in the form even if you are unable to join the PTA.
Thank you for supporting your children
and their education!
You make a difference in
your children’s educational experience.
Check Out Some PTA Membership Perks
As a member of California State PTA, you advocate for children, promote parent and family involvement in schools, and improve the lives of all children and families. Here are a few extra perks of membership available exclusively to PTA members like you!
What is PTA? Why join PTA? The number one reason to join the Parent Teacher Association is to benefit your child. In doing so, you also help your school. But there are many more PTA advantages:
- Get Connected. There’s no better way to know what’s happening in your school.
- Discover Great Resources. The PTA offers a variety of programs designed for parents as well as students.
- Tap into a Network. PTA functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, building rapport and discussing issues that are on your mind. You an share ideas, concerns, and experiences.
- Watch Yourself Grow. By volunteering with your PTA, you put your skills and hobbies to use for a noble cause—your child and all children in the community.
- Speak Up. PTA can be a way for you to more effectively suggest change at your child’s school.
- Witness Improvement. By getting involved at your child’s school you’ll be part of the solution, helping make positive changes. Local PTAs play an important role in fundraising to provide building improvements, curriculum-based programs, and social events.
- Be a Role Model. By becoming a PTA member, you’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.