Chaboya's 2019 Promotion Ceremony
Wednesday, June 12 at 2:00PM
The time for celebrating is almost here for our eighth graders. The promotion ceremony will be held on June 12. Cameras will be flashing, hugs will be given, and some tears will be shed. We want the ceremony to be a celebratory occasion that's memorable for all the right reasons. As we celebrate let us be considerate of neighbors around us. Everyone should be able to see their students and hear their names announced as they walk across the stage. In an effort to ensure that this happens, please do the following:
- Leave balloons in the car
- Once the ceremony begins lower umbrellas, so others views are not obscured
- Leave whistles, air horns, or any other form of noisemakers in the car
- Leave shaving cream or silly string in the car
- No Backpacks
- Students bring gowns to school Wednesday morning
- Students need to come to school, ready for the promotion ceremony
- Present flowers and gifts at the end of the ceremony
- Follow both the staff and police traffic directions
- Chaboya Middle School 3276 Cortona Drive, San Jose, CA 95135
- Outdoors in the school Quad Area located through the big green gates from the main parking lot.
Timeline Wednesday, Jun 12:
- 12:45 PM - Seventh grade students dismissed from school - MINIMUM DAY
- 12:45 PM - Eighth graders report to the gym with gowns ready for the ceremony.
- 1:30 PM - Gates open for guests. Guests sit on the lawn and in the quad area, so bring your lawn chairs and water to keep hydrated (Water will be on sale)
- 2:00 PM - 8th Grade Promotion Starts
- 3:30 PM - Promotion Concludes
- Gowns (Correction: No Cap):
- Will be issued to students on Friday, June 10.
- To get wrinkles out of the gowns, hang them up in the bathroom and allow the steam to get the wrinkles out. Do not iron gown.
- Students will receive their actual promotion certificate in class on Thursday, June 13.
- There will be a professional photographer who takes a picture of the students as they receive diploma envelopes while shaking hands with Principal Watkins, a board member, or district administrator.