Chaboya's 2018 Promotion Ceremony
Wednesday, June 13th at
3:00 PM - 4:30 PM
The time for celebrating is almost here for our eighth graders. The promotion ceremony will be held on June 13. Cameras will be flashing, hugs will be given, and some tears will be shed. We want the ceremony to be a celebratory occasion that's memorable for all the right reasons. As we celebrate let us be considerate of neighbors around us. Everyone should be able to see their students and hear their names called as they walk across the stage. In an effort to ensure that this happens, please do the following:
- Leave balloons in the car
- Leave whistles, air horns, or any other form of noisemakers in the car
- Leave shaving cream or silly string in the car
- Students need to have their leis on prior to entering the gym at 2:00 PM
- Present flowers and gifts at the end of the ceremony
- Follow both the staff and police traffic directions
- Chaboya Middle School 3276 Cortona Drive, San Jose, CA 95135
- Outdoors in the school Quad Area located through the big green gates from the main parking lot.
Timeline Wednesday, Jun 13th:
- 7:30 AM - 2:00 PM - Pick Up pre-ordered Leis/flowers June 13th at the school office . Please bring a printed proof of purchase to pick up your order.
- 12:45 PM - All students dismissed from school - MINIMUM DAY
- 2:00 PM - Students arrive at 2:00 PM and report to the gym with gowns and leis/flowers ready for the ceremony.
- Students will receive actual promotion certificate in class Thursday, June 14.
- 2:30 PM - Gates for guests open at 2:30 PM. Guests sit on the lawn and in the quad area, so bring your lawn chairs and water to keep hydrated (Water will be on sale)
- 3:00 PM - 8th Grade Promotion Starts
- 4:30 PM - Promotion Complete
SALE ENDED Jun 11th: 8th Grade Promotion Early Entry + Parking
SALE ENDED Jun 11th:Assigned Parking
- Gowns (Correction: No Cap):
- Will be issued to students Friday, Jun 8th.
- To get wrinkles out of the gowns, hang them up in the bathroom and allow the steam to get the wrinkles out. Do not iron gown.
- There will be a professional photographer who takes a picture of the students as they their diploma envelope while shaking hands with Principal Watkins, a board member, or district administrator. More info provided at the ceremony.
- Items on sale:
- Limited number of yearbooks will be sold ($60)
- Class of 2018 shirts ($10)
- Panoramic pictures ($15)