How Do District Budget Cuts Impact Chaboya?
Posted 03/23/2018 02:30PM
- General site budget will be cut by 20%.
- This translates to cuts in teachers' classroom budgets
- Projected reduction is $24,883 from instructional funds
- Custodial supplies projected reduction: $2866
- Copier Maintenance projected reduction: $2690
- Additional Specific Cuts:
- No more ELD Instructional Aide
- No more instructional coach
- No part-time evening custodian
- Supplemental Tech funds cut ($13634) This money was used to replace projectors, make computer repairs, and replace Chromebooks
- No SEAT allocation ($6326); teachers received stipends to do student enrichment activities (i.e. chaperone dances, end of the year field trips, coordinate talent show, multi-cultural fashion show, etc...)
- Extra Curricular (Sports fund) cut from $33K to approximately $10K
- Consequence: As a site consider reducing the number after school sports we provide (Currently, we offer: girls softball, girls basketball for each grade level, cross-country, boys basketball for each grade level, co-ed wrestling, girls volleyball, boys volleyball, girls soccer, boys soccer, and track and field)