We are the Parent Teacher Student Association of Chaboya Middle School, an award-winning school in the Evergreen district of San Jose, California.
As a member of the National PTA organization, our goals are to:
- Promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, community, and place of worship.
- Raise the standards of home life.
- Secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
- Bring into closer relation the home and the school so that parents and teachers can cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social, and spiritual education.
Why Pledge to PTSA?
The Chaboya PTSA provides additional funding to create the types of additional enrichment programs usually only seen in private schools, and we need your help! Through membership and donations from families, the PTSA funds the following enrichment programs:
- Technology: To support Common Core Standards and enabling interactive teaching that connects with your student more effectively.
- Classroom and library materials our students enjoy Enterprise Accelerated Reader program which broadens their selections of their favorite titles.
- P.E. equipment and after school sports programs, preparing your child to succeed at a competitive high school level.
- Educational programs such as the Spelling Bee, Pi Week, Yearbook and Student Newspaper, encouraging your child to pursue his/her interests
- Enrichment Programs such as the Multicultural Event, Band and Drama/Theater performances, creating a sense of school community and pride
- Teacher classroom support for instructional materials and supplies.
- View Where Your Donation Dollars Go .
Pledge and/or Volunteer today and help give your child an educational advantage!
Dear Chaboya Parents, Teachers, Staff and Students,
Welcome to Chaboya's 2018-2019 School Year! I hope you had a wonderful summer.
As our new and returning students embark on a new school year of excitement and aspirations, the continuing support of Chaboya parents, teachers, and staff is very important in enhancing the quality of our students’ education and in building a strong and safe community.
Middle school is a transitioning environment where students build on the materials & experiences they acquired in their elementary years and develop the ability to gradually forge ahead more independently. With the goal of supporting our students’ educational and social development, PTSA partners with school funding to provide valuable enrichment programs both in the classroom and extracurricular activities. Last year, the programs supported by PTSA included:
● Technology - 34% was spent on Chromebooks helping students familiarize with applications beneficial in their learning and keeping up to date with ongoing global technological advances.
● Sports and Clubs - 32% was used to assist in the funding of Sports and Clubs.Sports programs included our top ranked Basketball, Soccer, Softball, Track & Field, Wrestling and our Championship Cross country and Volleyball teams. Afterschool Clubs included the Bike Club, Dance Club, Glee Club, Geography Bee, Polynesian Club, and Web Design Club.
● Classroom Instructional Material - 14% was allocated for enhanced classroom materials enabling teachers to effectively educate our students.
● Student Enrichment - 7% funded enrichment activities included assemblies, dances, school newspaper and yearbook.
I strongly believe these programs have and will continue to benefit our students both academically and socially. Considering the current district budget cuts which will impact our students this coming year, we will need to come together as a community to continue supporting the aforementioned programs and any additional programs deemed necessary.
The Chaboya PTSA Board and I look forward to working with you throughout the year. Together we will join forces and make a positive difference in our students’ education and welfare. We wish you a new school year filled with happiness, success, and peace.
Chaboya PTSA President, 2018-2019
How You Can Help:
1. Pledge your Support: Help keep additional enrichment programs, usually only seen in private schools, that are not funded by the school district and enrich the lives of your child(ren) and family at Chaboya Middle School. View Where Your Donation Dollars Go.
- Participate in the Chaboya Challenge
- Donate Today
- Donate while Shopping with Retail Partners
- Have your Employer Match your Donation
3. Volunteer/Donate Goods: We have volunteer needs throughout the school year. The more our parent community comes together to work as a team, the easier it is to offer amazing programs and events that directly benefit our children. Whether you would like to lead a program/event team, consider shadowing for a position on the board, or simply volunteer your time to help at an event or in a program... we would love to hear from you.