We are the Parent Teacher Student Association of Chaboya Middle School, an award-winning school in the Evergreen district of San Jose, California.
As a member of the National PTA organization, our goals are to:
- Promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, community, and place of worship.
- Raise the standards of home life.
- Secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
- Bring into closer relation the home and the school so that parents and teachers can cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social, and spiritual education.
How You Can Help:
- Become a PTSA member:
- Pledge your Support: Help keep additional enrichment programs, usually only seen in private schools, that are not funded by the school district and enrich the lives of your child(ren) and family at Chaboya Middle School.
- Volunteer: We have volunteer needs throughout the school year. The more our parent community comes together to work as a team, the easier it is to offer amazing programs and events that directly benefit our children. Whether you would like to lead a program/event team, consider shadowing for a position on the board, or simply volunteer your time to help at an event or in a program... we would love to hear from you.
Why Pledge to PTSA?
The Chaboya PTSA provides additional funding to create the types of additional enrichment programs usually only seen in private schools, and we need your help! Through membership and donations from families, the PTSA funds the following enrichment programs:
- Technology: To support Common Core Standards and enabling interactive teaching that connects with your student more effectively.
- Classroom and library materials our students enjoy Enterprise Accelerated Reader program which broadens their selections of their favorite titles.
- P.E. equipment and after school sports programs, preparing your child to succeed at a competitive high school level.
- Educational programs such as the Spelling Bee, Pi Week, Yearbook and Student Newspaper, encouraging your child to pursue his/her interests
- Enrichment Programs such as the Multicultural Event, Band and Drama/Theater performances, creating a sense of school community and pride
- Teacher classroom support for instructional materials and supplies.
- View Where Your Donation Dollars Go .
Pledge and/or Volunteer today and help give your child an educational advantage!
Each year, the PTSA elects new officers for the following school year. If you are interested in becoming an officer please contact us.
|VP of Membership
|VP of Programs
|Reflections Chair||Usha Kalahasti|
There are generally three types of meetings: General Association Meetings, Executive Board Meetings, and Committee Meetings. General membership meetings are held at least twice each school year. Executive Board meetings are held monthly. See below for meeting schedules and guidelines.
New ideas are always welcome. See the New Business Procedures on the left to learn how to bring recommendations forward.
This is the general meeting for all members. Speakers may be scheduled, and there is a social time with possible refreshments. Voting actions by the membership at large may occur at these meetings. Each meeting is limited to one hour, and the business time at this meeting will be extremely restricted. Any new business will likely be deferred to the Executive Board Meeting.
General Association Meeting Schedule 2017-18
*Location: Chaboya Middle School
General Association Meeting Format/Guidelines
Meetings are generally planned to occur just prior to the start of a PTSA or School hosted event. The Association meeting will be 15-30 minutes followed by the event. If the business portion takes longer than 10-15 minutes, there may be adjournment of that portion of the meeting and a continuation announced. (Bylaws: Article VII, Section 1).
- Business – 10-15 Min. (materials for consideration published before meeting and members prepared)
- Q & A
- Event or Speaker
- Meetings may be added, deleted or changed with advance public notice.
Executive Board Meetings
This meeting is for the Executive Board regarding business details of the organization and usually occurs monthly. Voting at these meetings is limited to members of the Executive Board.
Various committees may exist for specific activities. Meetings are scheduled as needed by the committee chair. It is possible that the committee need only communicate via email and phone.