About PTSA and Membership
The Quimby PTSA is excited to strengthen our partnership between the school and community this year. By working together, we can provide valuable resources to our students and families throughout this school year. Join us as we support our students, their parents, and their teachers.
For more information check out the PTSA website www.quimbyptsa.org
Bringing parents, teachers, and students together to make Quimby a better place!
High five and big THANK-YOU to those who step up to be the 2016-2017 PTSA board members. We are looking forward to a great school year!
President - Patricia (Patty Andrade)
Vice President - Parminder Grewal
Secretary - Sanobar Mehta
Treasurer - Leilani Llaneza
Parliamentarian - Leticia Gascon
Membership - Mel Banks
Auditor - Gina Juarez
Historian - Sundari Revanur
Reflections - Salma Khan
Teacher - Open
What is PTA? Why join PTA? The number one reason to join the Parent Teacher Association is to benefit your child. In doing so, you also help your school. But there are many more PTA advantages:
- Get Connected. There’s no better way to know what’s happening in your school.
- Discover Great Resources. The PTA offers a variety of programs designed for parents as well as students.
- Tap into a Network. PTA functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, building rapport and discussing issues that are on your mind. You an share ideas, concerns, and experiences.
- Watch Yourself Grow. By volunteering with your PTA, you put your skills and hobbies to use for a noble cause—your child and all children in the community.
- Speak Up. PTA can be a way for you to more effectively suggest change at your child’s school.
- Witness Improvement. By getting involved at your child’s school you’ll be part of the solution, helping make positive changes. Local PTAs play an important role in fundraising to provide building improvements, curriculum-based programs, and social events.
- Be a Role Model. By becoming a PTA member, you’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.
Check Out Some PTSA Membership Perks
As a member of California State PTA, you advocate for children, promote parent and family involvement in schools, and improve the lives of all children and families. Here are a few extra perks of membership available exclusively to PTA members like you!
PTSA Needs YOU to:
- support current school programs (i.e. guest speakers, assemblies, chaperone field trips, technology)
- support parent growth (i.e. high school & college prep workshops)
- support teachers and staff (i.e. teacher appreciation, carnival)
Download and return the Membership Form to Quimby!